Application support Analyst
Application support Analyst
Reqiva are seeking an Application Support analyst for an established software solutions organisation based in Reading. They continue to grow, increase their market share and maintains an enviable client portfolio amongst their peers. They have a a goal of continuing to identify, invest in and organically develop strong and differentiated B2B information businesses.
Working in a busy and dynamic Support Department, the Analyst will be responsible for providing application support to our customers by phone, email and using an instant messaging (chat) function. The support will involve bespoke product specific guidance and investigation, diagnosis and resolution of customer affecting bugs and technical issues. They will also be a point of contact and liaison between the team and other internal departments. There is a ‘first-contact’ emphasis on resolving queries as efficiently as possible and escalating calls to the Head of Department and Senior Management when that might be necessary.
The role will involve:
– Taking incoming queries from our customers, accurately identifying the issues they may be experiencing and logging all queries onto our ITSM software.
– Taking ownership of the customer queries dealt with and this will include communicating proactively with customers on progress until fault resolution
– Recording and documenting solutions into a knowledge base system with a high level of written English
– Liaising with internal personnel and Senior Management on resolution status
– Creating and updating HTML based email signatures for Outlook integration.
– Creating and updating Word templates using intelligent mail merge code consisting of IF fields, conditional paragraphs and styling.
– Liaising with new customers on software installation, establishing site requirements, documenting installations, commissioning new installations, and configuring customer details in associated back-end SQL databases.
– Interrogating SQL databases, XML files and interpreting log files to assist with fault finding and resolution.
– Remote supporting of customer premise equipment and our hosted applications via VPN and other remote access technologies
– Supporting of our live service and hosting platform during software updates.
– Monitoring service components (e.g. portal and hosted services, remote agents etc.) on a daily basis, report anomalies, trends, and issues
– Logging new feature requests and bugs in the customer-tracking database.
A great customer experience is extremely important, and the role will ideally suit someone with a strong ‘can-do’ attitude, the ability to build rapport quickly, excellent communication skills, a flair for problem solving, a willingness to achieve and always takes pride in exceeding customer expectations. You will also be/have:
– IT Degree educated (or equivalent)
– Previous experience or training in helpdesk, support desk or customer service.
– MCSA SQL Server, other formal training (or equivalent experience)
– CCENT, CompTIA, Network + (or equivalent experience)
Salary: Up to £30,000
Job Type Permanent