SENIOR FRONT-END ENGINEER – CMS
SENIOR FRONT-END ENGINEER – CMS
Reed Exhibitions is the world’s leading events business, enhancing the power of face-to-face through data and digital tools. Every year they run over 500 events in 30 countries, bringing together over 7 million event participants worldwide. With 4000 employees, we serve 43 industries in 38 offices around the globe.
Working as part of a highly motivated, collaborative, close-nit, enthusiastic cross-functional team. You will be creating components within Adobe AEM CMS and integrations with services and APIs from other teams. You will partner closely with the Product & UX team to design, implement, A/B test, iterate and deploy winning experiences in production. If you love product ideation, owning, collaborating, building, and constantly raising the bar, you will thrive in this role.
The Ideal Candidate:
* Knowledgeable, confident, collaborative and customer focused with respect to Agile Delivery.
* Skilled in Front-End Web UI development, but capable with some backend development.
* Able to work collaboratively with Product Owners, Analysts, UX Designers, Backend Developers and Testers to deliver high quality features and products.
* Skilled and passionate Front-End Developer with a flair for graphic design and usability, and an eye for detail.
* Expert at creating Mobile first, Responsive/Adaptive Designs, and highly competent with CSS Pre-processors, BEM, SMACSS, Templating
* Solid experience developing themes on large scale CMS and web facing applications
* Experience in an agile environment practicing XP methodology with strong exposure to Scrum or Lean, DevOps & CALMS cultures
* A polyglot, confident to develop the full stack from through multiple application tiers.
* Experience of software testing processes including the creation and execution of test scripts, including cross browser / device testing and debugging techniques
* Knowledge of good practice around usability, localisation and accessibility
* Build automation (Grunt / Gulp), Web Components, WebSockets, WebRTC
* Experience developing front-end templates on the Adobe AEM platform.
* Knowledge of development and configuration of the AEM 6.x platform. Including Adobe AEM building blocks, including templates, components, dialogs, widgets etc., and the AEM development and deployment process
* Cloud and network aware with AWS Experience
* Native and Hybrid Mobile App Development
* Experience in developing c# or Java based applications
* You actively participate in the development community.
You will have experience in at least some of the following technologies & practices, or equivalent, and be ready to learn the technology where gaps exist.
* CMS:Adobe AEM 6.x platform, OAK repository, Apache Sling, Apache Felix, Tag Management, Google/Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target
* Testing: Pair Programming, TDD, BDD, Selenium Web Driver, mocha, Browser Stack, WebpageTest, google lighthouse, Gatling, (SOLID Principles, Pair Programming).
* CI/CD: Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, maven/proget, Sonaqube, green-blue deployments, canary releases, Docker
* APIs: REST, GraphQL
* Security: OWASP Top 10, Pen Testing
* Cloud: Content Delivery Networks
Salary: Up to £65,000 (Negotiable)
Job Type: Permanent