This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Test Engineer to join an exciting and growing software company who develop B2B products including versatile API’s, highly customisable low latency feeds and advanced Big Data analytics.
The technical side is primarily based on using advanced fully-typed Scala as well as using Python in some parts of the technology stack, with Puppet- and Kubernetes-derived DevOps, and distributed and clustered technology being the cornerstone of the architecture.
The infrastructure is extremely diverse and has components deployed in various native and Cloud environments across the world.Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience (5+ years, unless stated otherwise):
- Define and build comprehensive integration tests for various sub-systems, as well as end-to-end tests across larger systems;
- Define and enhance performance test approaches for the distributed and clustered deployments;
- Devise automation approaches for the tests to become easy and repeatedly executable;
- Specify, estimate, and carry out testing throughout the development lifecycle;
- Systematically capture, analyse, and report integration tests results and raw performance metrics, presenting the information in a way that can be understood by technical and non-technical stakeholders;
- Take responsibility for areas of process improvement specifically in relation to integration and performance testing;
- Propose architectural changes in the evolving and existing systems based on the results of the tests;
- Lead on the assessment and selection of integration and performance testing tools that will work with and stretch the products and services functional and performance characteristics;
- Help building the team and culture of testing across the teams;
- Share knowledge freely during our team-learning sessions. Assist and support less experienced colleagues as required on the appropriate integration and performance testing activities for their products and the use of tools to undertake that testing.
- You have experience of integration and performance testing primarily using the JVM-based solutions, and custom Java or Scala code, as well as key Linux automation tools;
- Experience working with the network stack, Linux OS optimisation, and availability and performance bottlenecks typical in distributed systems;
- Experience working with Application Process Interfaces (API’s) and Web applications as well as various streaming protocols;
- Experience using Java, Scala, or Python for creating performance test assets;
- Experience of performance testing using typical Cloud technology such as AWS or Azure.
If this role sounds suitable, please apply for consideration.
Salary: up to £75,000 per annum
Job type: Permanent