Back To Vacancies
Provide high-quality operational and technical application support to customers and internal business functions. Work within the 2nd line support function to minimise the adverse impact of incidents and problems on the business and prevent the reoccurrence of incidents.
You will work alongside the service and development teams to troubleshoot production problems across multiple environments and platforms. Strive to enhance your skills base to support their personal development within the company.
They will be expected to self-educate and keep their job knowledge up to date, keeping abreast of the products due to go into live service.
The role reports to the Software Development Manager.
• Identify potential areas for service improvement and raise proposals with their manager
• Interact with internal teams and external 3rd party vendors to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems
• Provide 2nd line application support on complex internally developed applications
• Provide input to administering and maintaining support request backlog
• Work with 1st and 3rd line support to ensure customer SLAs are met
• Maintain a relationship with end-users to support their goals and that of the business
• Follow and improve the procedures and processes within the application support function.
• Contributes to the evolution of the products and services they support.
• Can work on a broad range of complex technical activities and is able to investigate and resolve complex issues.
• Can select appropriate tools and techniques to achieve their goals and is able to document and communicate this
• Hands-on experience of issue management tools – Azure DevOps, Jira, Confluence etc.
• Understanding of core web technologies such as, HTTP, authentication, oauth, browser developer tools etc.
• Strong problem-solving skills and a desire to take on a challenge
• Strong customer service and support focus with a desire to deliver a high-quality service
• Knowledge of how web-based APIs work, and how to troubleshoot them using Postman
• Quick to learn and able to apply their knowledge in a way that delivers immediate business benefit
• Experience querying SQL databases
If this role sounds of interest, please apply for consideration.
Salary expectation: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
Job type: Permanent